Interested in reading first-hand accounts of moving abroad and expat life in general? We have compiled highly rated expat books and stories here.
If you have any suggested additions, please don’t hesitate to email us.
General Expat Reading
- Once Upon An Expat
- Expat Intelligence: Relax & Make Yourself at Home Abroad
- Out of My Comfort Zone: Retired Teacher Experiences Living, Working, and Traveling Abroad
- Passport Denied: 26 HUGE Travel Mistakes to Avoid While You Travel, Volunteer, and Work Abroad!
Teaching English Abroad (TEFL)
- English Teacher X – various stories from a TEFL veteran
- TEFL: The Complete Guide to Teaching English Abroad
- A Short Guide to TEFL: All about Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Expat Children and Families
- Third Culture Kids: Growing Up Among Worlds
- Helping Expat Kids Thrive: Advice on Schooling, Making Friends & Fitting in Abroad
- Relocation Workbook: Kids on the Move
Women’s Expat Experiences
- Expat: Women’s True Tales of Life Abroad
- Expat Women: Confessions – 50 Answers to Your Real-Life Questions about Living Abroad
- How Does One Dress to Buy Dragonfruit? True Stories of Expat Women in Asia
- The Expat Partner’s Survival Guide: A light-hearted but authoritative manual for anyone accompanying their partner on an overseas assignment
Short-term Work and Working Holidays
- The Back Door Guide to Short-Term Job Adventures: Internships, Summer Jobs, Seasonal Work, Volunteer Vacations, and Transitions Abroad
- Backpacking and Working in Australia
- How to Survive a Canadian Ski Season: Your guide to a working holiday